1937 H.J.Mulliner Pillarless Sports Saloon Derby Bentley
B49JY is a fine example of a 4-1/4 liter pillarless Derby Bentley
very smartly finished in deep red with excellent chrome, including an impressive array of original lamps
and horns, lovely tan leather, carpets, headlining etc, fine interior wood with
pewter string inlay and in overall wonderful condition, with a magnificent set
of fitted tools in the boot and fitted with overdrive.
B49JY was resident at several interesting
locations the first one being Rivermead Court in London a prestigious
block of mansion flats - built in the late 1930s by the Prudential Assurance.
Mrs. J. W. Harvey is shown as being the 1st owner. During WWII J. Harvey was
member of St Paul’s watch – a group of over a hundred architects, surveyors &
artists who watched over the cathedral during the blitz. After WWII B49JY moved
northwards to Knutsford in Cheshire before returning to Wembley Park. In 1958
B49JY was acquired by Anthony Charles Hacklett Wood who served with the S.
Stafford Infantry during WWII and after the war became a solicitor in London.
Recent 2006 ownership is by Mr. Major, address unknown.
The history file covers a large percentage
of the car's life, including various letters, many invoices, an overhaul at Bentley Motors
in 1950 and construction records showing details.